Thursday, February 11, 2010

Untitled Poem...needs some work.

Ok, I wrote this yesterday but I don't think I'm quite happy with it yet and there's no title. I'm not quite feeling anything for the title... Hmm...anyway, let me know what you think :]

And so there we stood.
Hands so far apart
and yet they claspedfitted
like perfect puzzle pieces.
There we were
on the cliff
about to jump
as the wind whipped out our hair
and our day and night locks
wrote stories of longing in the air.
Another step closer
and there we stood.
Ready to shove each other over the edge
and watch the crash be fore we joined.
Bodies already mangled by the past,
the jagged rocks could do us no harm.
And yet we feared them.
So there we stood,
watching time pass
the soft ticking of the seconds
keeping us awake at night,
ravaging our thoughts by day.
Tick Tick Tick
I love you
Tick Tick Tick
I love you
Tick Tick Tick
Words so loud
Muffled by fear.
So there we stood,
waiting to leap.

No comments:

Post a Comment